CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 22, 2012

Need Some Help Here

Here are some of my faults:
--I'm a picky eater
--I can be judgemental (but seriously who can't)
--I am extremely opinionated
--My mouth most of the time sometimes gets me in trouble
--I yell at my kids more than I would like to
--I HATE to clean bathrooms and can usually rope my hubby into doing it

     My list could go on, but seriously, we don't have time for that!  One thing I'm struggling with lately makes me question my intellect.  Makes me feel like I really don't understand some of my fellow Americans.  Political parties aside, can someone please explain to me this whole ''war on women'' BS!?  Let me back this up a bit.  YES, I am a woman.  Yes, I believe in equal rights for women.  Yes, I believe that a woman's body is hers and that no one has the right to make decisions about her body but her.  YES, I take birth control and plan to continue to do so.  But, I also believe that a woman does NOT deserve a job or $$ over a man who is better qualified for the job than she.  I also believe that there is no harm in giving a woman considering an abortion a look at ALL her options.  I also believe that taxpayer $$ should not go to said abortion if a woman chooses to have one, and I also believe it is not the government's job to provide birth control. 
     In many circles now days I would be called a ''sell-out'', or ''sexist'' (which is just funny honestly).  Some might even say that what I just stated as MY BELIEFS to be an oxymoron, but seriously folks...I just don't get it!  If the whole ''feminist'' movement was about women's rights and independence, then how in the hell can there be a war on women waged by male politicians?  Aren't women really waging war on themselves?  I was raised to believe I could do anything a man could do, and if I wanted to, I could do it better!  Isn't that what the strong women in the past fought for?  So we today could have the rights and ability to be CEO's, doctors, lawyers, firefighters, police officers ect.. ?  Why on earth would any woman that claims to be a ''feminist'' want ANYONE to pay for their damn birth control!?  News flash--IT'S NOT A RIGHT!!!  Are cancer drugs a right?  Better yet, are drugs to prevent any kind of illness a right?  Why should drugs that prevent pregnancy a right!?  I have always paid for my own birth control, even in my early 20's when I didn't have health insurance, I still paid for it! Why?  Because I didn't want to get pregnant, and as a strong, independent young woman I understood it was my responsibility to take care of that...no one else's!!
      Now, I am not ignorant to the fact that there are men (politicians included) that are sexist and believe women should be subservient to their husbands/significant others (they are assholes), bare foot and pregnant so to speak.  I know there are politicians that are 'pro-life' and 'anti-birth control', but I have NEVER heard any of them say they would impose laws to make sure no woman could have access to either!  All I've heard them say is just what I believe, it's your right to do it, but it's not your right to burden the American taxpayer with it!
     So I just don't get why so many women are against so many women in this election!  The common goal of women should be to prop each other up, not knock each other down!  There is so much bad in America right now (Hello, can you say economy, jobless and the deficit) that I just don't get why a woman's vagina has been thrown front and center!!  I can tell you this much...since I was able to vote (think Slick Willie's 1st term) my rights and my vagina's rights have remained unchanged!  And I don't foresee any change in that status come next January even if we have a new set of politicians in the White House!

No comments:

Post a Comment